UP police officer writes to centre against arbitrary transfers
Lucknow: A senior Uttar Pradesh Police officer has written to the Union Cabinet Secretary, seeking to make public the recommendations of the Civil Services Board constituted for the transfer of Indian administrative, police and foreign service officers.
In his letter, IPS officer Amitabh Thakur has cited the recent transfers of Uttar Pradesh`s Chief Secretary Jawed Usmani and Principal Secretary (Home) Anil Kumar Gupta, and said that after the 2014 amendments in cadre rules, these officers can be transferred only after a period of two years on the recommendations of the Civil Services Board.
Alleging that these officials and many others are being transferred at the whims of the political establishment, Thakur said any transfer before the two years` tenure can be done under special circumstances and only on the board`s recommendations.
He said it was not enough to cite "public interest" as the reason for such transfers.
"I have also requested in the interest of accountability and transparency in governance that the recommendations of the Civil Services Board be made public so that even common people know why and under what circumstances an officer was transferred," Thakur told IANS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read