UP police probing bee-appearance incident at Maya’s rally
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh police are probing the bee-invasion incident at Mayawati`s mega rally
on Tuesday after the BSP cried foul and claimed involvement of
Mayawati was addressing the rally to celebrate BSP`s
25th anniversary here, when there came some uninvited guests
-- a swarm of bees.
Uttar Pradesh police are looking into the matter,
Additional Director General of Police Brij Lal said, but did
not elaborate on who is heading the probe.
After the incident, the BSP said the appearance of the
bees at the Rama Bai Ambedkar maidan was a conspiracy.
The Uttar Pradesh government too pointed to some
"mischief" and quickly ordered an inquiry.
"Someone disturbed honey bees at the nearby central
school building by lighting a fire below the hive, following
which they hovered over the Rama Bai Ambedkar maidan for about
an hour," an official release said here.
"The inquiry will reveal the mischievous elements
behind the incident," it said.
On the other hand, Mayawati said, "It`s a matter of
happiness and satisfaction that none of these bees have stung
any of the BSP party workers," adding in a lighter vein,
"these bees are felicitating us all in our honour."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30