UP police put 10-year-old rape victim behind bars
Bulandshahr: The callous response of police came to fore when a 10-year-old girl, who was allegedly raped, was put behind bars by women cops after she approached them to file a complaint along with her mother.
Two women constables have been suspended while two sub-Inspectors including the station-in-charge have been sent to police lines following the incident, SSP Gulab Singh said.
The victim spent several hours behind the bars after her mother brought her to a women`s police station to lodge a complaint against a local goon for allegedly raping her. She was rescued only after locals protested over the matter.
According to Singh, the minor from Meerpur village here was found lying unconscious in a field by her parents last night where she had been dumped after being allegedly raped.
An FIR was lodged with the police by victims` parents but shockingly the staff of the women`s police station detained the victim in lock-up.
The girl`s medical examination will be conducted to confirm rape and investigations are on, Singh said.
The local goon accused of raping the minor is absconding, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred