UP police takes up with NSG Rahul`s unannounced train travel
Lucknow: A senior Uttar Pradesh police official has written a letter to NSG authorities for not informing the state police about Rahul Gandhi`s unannounced train journey in an ordinary sleeper class from Gorakhpur to Mumbai about ten days ago.
Additional Director General (Security) Ramesh Sehgal has written to NSG Director regarding Gandhi`s train journey without taking the state police into confidence, Home
Secretary Dipak Kumar said today.
To a question, he said there had been no correspondence in this connection at any level in the state government.
Earlier, the state authorities had objected to the unannounced and unscheduled tours of Gandhi, an SPG protectee, to different parts of the state without the knowledge of the
state government or police and stressed that under such circumstances it was not responsible for his (Rahul`s) security.
Gandhi had undertaken the train journey from the Gorakhpur station to Mumbai on October 18 by Lokmanya Tilak Express travelling in the sleeper and general compartments to familiarise himself with the problems of the people who
migrate to the metropolis in search of livelihood.
The Congress general secretary had landed at Gorakhpur from a special plane from Bihar and boarded the train in the night spending almost 36 hours interacting with the people
migrating to Mumbai from eastern districts of the state for work.
ADG (Law and Order) Brij Lal had yesterday said that state police was not informed about the programme of the Congress leader.
"The SPG which provides him proximate security did not apprise the state police about the programme and we only know that he took the train from Gorakhpur railway station and travelled in the sleeper class," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says