`UP police to be 4G-enabled`
Ghaziabad: An ultra modern 4G-enabled control room, serviced by Reliance GO in big cities, including Ghaziabad, will help the Uttar Pradesh police become technologically advanced.
UP Police Additional Director General (ADG) Law & Order Arun Kumar on Friday told mediapersons the two-phase modernisation scheme of the UP police would enable a common man to file a complaint, inform and call police in an emergency through Internet.
The UP Police and Reliance GO have signed a memorandum of understanding in this regard.
This Internet-enabled control room would be connected through the closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras installed at strategic locations. The control room would be connected to public convenience centres in the collectorate so that a common man not having Internet facility at his residence could lodge a complaint from this centre.
If any complaint is lodged regarding any discrepancy, error or flaw, it could be detected at any level and the guilty officer would be punished. This technological advancement will help the police to maintain law and order, added the ADG.
The ADG was here in the city to review the law and order and communal situation in western Uttar Pradesh in a meeting with senior police officers of Meerut, Saharanpur, Moradabad and Aligarh zones.
To cope with the situation, the state government plans to recruit 36,000 constables for which a gazette notification has been issued in newspapers.
Till then, deployment of forces up to the village-level was reviewed in this meeting and orders have been given to supervisory officers to ensure deployment of forces to check rumours and ensure proper monitoring.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state