`UP police to be 4G-enabled`
Ghaziabad: An ultra modern 4G-enabled control room, serviced by Reliance GO in big cities, including Ghaziabad, will help the Uttar Pradesh police become technologically advanced.
UP Police Additional Director General (ADG) Law & Order Arun Kumar on Friday told mediapersons the two-phase modernisation scheme of the UP police would enable a common man to file a complaint, inform and call police in an emergency through Internet.
The UP Police and Reliance GO have signed a memorandum of understanding in this regard.
This Internet-enabled control room would be connected through the closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras installed at strategic locations. The control room would be connected to public convenience centres in the collectorate so that a common man not having Internet facility at his residence could lodge a complaint from this centre.
If any complaint is lodged regarding any discrepancy, error or flaw, it could be detected at any level and the guilty officer would be punished. This technological advancement will help the police to maintain law and order, added the ADG.
The ADG was here in the city to review the law and order and communal situation in western Uttar Pradesh in a meeting with senior police officers of Meerut, Saharanpur, Moradabad and Aligarh zones.
To cope with the situation, the state government plans to recruit 36,000 constables for which a gazette notification has been issued in newspapers.
Till then, deployment of forces up to the village-level was reviewed in this meeting and orders have been given to supervisory officers to ensure deployment of forces to check rumours and ensure proper monitoring.
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- Mamata Banerjee trying to influence polls with police help: CPI-M
- 63rd National Film Awards: Amitabh Bachchan, Kangana Ranaut receive top honours
- Apple will not be selling used iPhones in India
- Book auto rides on Jugnoo via Facebook messenger through these easy steps
- Find out: What Sunrisers Hyderabad's Yuvraj Singh is doing before his first IPL 9 game