UP Police to deploy personnel at all currency chests in state
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Police on Tuesday agreed to provide security personnel at banks` currency chests and set up nodal police stations in every district to lodge FIR in matters related to fake currency notes.
At a meeting of Reserve Bank of India and other banks authorities with Uttar Pradesh Police, Special Task Force (STF), Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) and Crime Branch, it was decided to ensure better coordination between bank authorities and police, IG (Law and Order) RK Vishwakarma told reporters.
"Accepting the demand of banks to provide security at the state`s 465 currency chests, of which eight (one each in Mirzapur and Chandauli and six in Sonbhadra) lie in naxal-infested areas, we have decided to deploy two head constables and eight constables in each chest," he said.
On the recovery of fake currency notes and problems in lodging FIRs, it was decided to open nodal police stations at all the districts to register FIRs on these matters.
"The district police will also be alerted to deal with recovery of FICN (fake Indian currency notes) and those involved in the racket," Vishwakarma said.
The banks have also been asked to install fake currency detector to keep an eye on flow of FICN, he added.
On security at ATM outlets, the banks were advised to install two CCTV cameras and a security guard there, he said, adding that at present one CCTV camera is installed on top of the ATM due to which the photograph of those visiting did not come clear. The banks were also asked to strengthen fire fighting mechanism at 247 currency chests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city