UP polls: Rahul reasserts importance of common man
Lucknow: Congress general secretary and party’s star campaigner in Uttar Pradesh assembly polls, Rahul Gandhi on Monday assailed the state Chief Minister Mayawati and Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Mulayam Singh Yadav for ignoring the people living in villages.
Addressing a rally in Deoria the ‘Yuvraaj’ said that Mayawati and Mulayam never go to villages and meet people, further accusing them of ignoring the plight of the villagers.
Hitting back at his opponents who have been critical of him for his visits to villages and visiting poor families, Rahul Gandhi said that he visits poor people families to know their plight and to listen to them as they know everything.
The Gandhi scion further said that until one listen’s to the people’s voice one cannot move forward.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown