UP polls: RLD releases first list of candidates
Lucknow: The Ajit Singh-led RLD, which has
sewed up an alliance with the Congress, today released a list
of 17 candidates for the upcoming Uttar Pradesh assembly
"Party chief Chaudhary Ajit Singh has released the first
list of candidates for the assembly election," RLD general
secretary and spokesman Anil Dubey said here.
The candidates included sitting MLA Nawab Kokab Hameed
who would contest from Baghpat, he said adding UP RLD head
Hardev Singh would be the party`s nominee from Eitmadpur.
Former minister and MLC Munna Singh Chauhan would contest
from Bikapur seat in Faizabad district, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know