UP polls: RPI to contest 250 seats
Lucknow: The Republican Party of India, led
by Ramdas Athawale, will contest 250 out of 403 seats in next
year`s Assembly election in Uttar Pradesh.
"The party is gearing up to field 250 candidates in the
election. The list of 100 nominees will be issued soon," he
told reporters here.
Attacking the Mayawati-led BSP government in Uttar
Pradesh, Athawala said it had failed to solve problems of
"The government has failed on all fronts. Corruption has
increased and the law and order has deteriorated during the
BSP regime," he said.
The RPI will field 40 per cent dalit candidates in the
upcoming UP assembly election, the party head said.
On Rahul Gandhi`s recent remark about UP migrants, he
said "the Congress has ruled the country and the state for a
maximum period of time and if the people from UP have to go to
other states for employment then the party is responsible for
Favouring passage of the Lokpal bill in the current
session of Parliament, he said the Prime Minister should be
brought under its ambit.
On the FDI in retail, Athawale said it is dangerous for
economic freedom of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!