UP polls: SP wants more heads to roll
Lucknow: Not satisfied with the Election Commission`s recent move of transferring Uttar Pradesh DGP and Principal Secretary (Home), Samajwadi Party on Monday demanded removal of the two officers as well as the Cabinet Secretary claiming their presence will not ensure "free and fair polls".
"The Commission has not yet transferred Cabinet Secretary
Shashak Shekhar Singh, who can affect the polls. Also former
DGP Brijlal has been posted as DG, PAC while Principal
Secretary Home, Kunwar Fateh Bahadur has been holding charge
of personnel department. Both of them should be removed from
their present posts," SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said.
The Election Commission had on January 7 transferred
Uttar Pradesh DGP Brij Lal and Principal Secretary (Home)
Kunwar Fateh Bahadur after major opposition parties accused
the two officials of working as "agents" of ruling BSP.
As PAC is being deployed during polls and Brijlal heading
them could affect polls, he said, adding that similarly
Bahadur is heading personnel and appointment department and
"For free and fair polls these officers should be removed
immediately," he said while requesting EC to check misuse of
office by BSP ministers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram