UP polls: SP wants more heads to roll
Lucknow: Not satisfied with the Election Commission`s recent move of transferring Uttar Pradesh DGP and Principal Secretary (Home), Samajwadi Party on Monday demanded removal of the two officers as well as the Cabinet Secretary claiming their presence will not ensure "free and fair polls".
"The Commission has not yet transferred Cabinet Secretary
Shashak Shekhar Singh, who can affect the polls. Also former
DGP Brijlal has been posted as DG, PAC while Principal
Secretary Home, Kunwar Fateh Bahadur has been holding charge
of personnel department. Both of them should be removed from
their present posts," SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said.
The Election Commission had on January 7 transferred
Uttar Pradesh DGP Brij Lal and Principal Secretary (Home)
Kunwar Fateh Bahadur after major opposition parties accused
the two officials of working as "agents" of ruling BSP.
As PAC is being deployed during polls and Brijlal heading
them could affect polls, he said, adding that similarly
Bahadur is heading personnel and appointment department and
"For free and fair polls these officers should be removed
immediately," he said while requesting EC to check misuse of
office by BSP ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician