UP polls: Uma to start party campaign after Jan 15
New Delhi: BJP leader and incharge of Uttar Pradesh assembly elections Uma Bharti on Wednesday said she would begin her party`s poll campaign after January 15 when she is scheduled to participate in Makar Sankranti on the banks of the Ganges river.
"I would start the party`s campaign in UP soon after the
Makar Sankranti bath in the Ganges on January 15," she told
reporters here today.
Bharti, however, did not answer questions on Babu Singh
Kushwaha`s induction into the party-fold.
There has been a lot of speculation about Bharti`s
non-participation in BJP`s election campaign in UP so far in
the wake of reports about her being miffed over the party`s
decision to induct Kushwaha after quitting BSP.
She also parried questions on whether she would be
contesting coming Uttar Pradesh assembly polls and on who was
the party`s chief ministerial candidate in the state.
"I have left all such decisions to the party President
Nitin Gadkari. He will decide on this," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH