UP: Protesting villagers vandalise police station
Gopalganj: Angry villagers Friday vandalised a police station and torched a Maruti car and a motorcycle parked in the premises during protest for compensation over death of a youth.
Angry villagers of Lazpur demonstrated outside Gopalpur police station and later vandalised the station and torched a Maruti car and a motorcycle parked there, police sources said.
Some wireless sets were also destroyed in the process, they said.
The protestors were demanding compensation and job for widow of a youth Balram Prasad who died yesterday at Lucknow after being beaten by a rival group in the village recently.
Three persons have been taken into custody in regard to the violence, the sources said adding the situation was now under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre