UP: Protesting villagers vandalise police station
Gopalganj: Angry villagers Friday vandalised a police station and torched a Maruti car and a motorcycle parked in the premises during protest for compensation over death of a youth.
Angry villagers of Lazpur demonstrated outside Gopalpur police station and later vandalised the station and torched a Maruti car and a motorcycle parked there, police sources said.
Some wireless sets were also destroyed in the process, they said.
The protestors were demanding compensation and job for widow of a youth Balram Prasad who died yesterday at Lucknow after being beaten by a rival group in the village recently.
Three persons have been taken into custody in regard to the violence, the sources said adding the situation was now under control.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!