UP: Protesting villagers vandalise police station
Gopalganj: Angry villagers Friday vandalised a police station and torched a Maruti car and a motorcycle parked in the premises during protest for compensation over death of a youth.
Angry villagers of Lazpur demonstrated outside Gopalpur police station and later vandalised the station and torched a Maruti car and a motorcycle parked there, police sources said.
Some wireless sets were also destroyed in the process, they said.
The protestors were demanding compensation and job for widow of a youth Balram Prasad who died yesterday at Lucknow after being beaten by a rival group in the village recently.
Three persons have been taken into custody in regard to the violence, the sources said adding the situation was now under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?