UP: Protesting villagers vandalise police station
Gopalganj: Angry villagers Friday vandalised a police station and torched a Maruti car and a motorcycle parked in the premises during protest for compensation over death of a youth.
Angry villagers of Lazpur demonstrated outside Gopalpur police station and later vandalised the station and torched a Maruti car and a motorcycle parked there, police sources said.
Some wireless sets were also destroyed in the process, they said.
The protestors were demanding compensation and job for widow of a youth Balram Prasad who died yesterday at Lucknow after being beaten by a rival group in the village recently.
Three persons have been taken into custody in regard to the violence, the sources said adding the situation was now under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Bizarre! Saudi man sexually assaults maid, wife faces jail