UP: Rape convict threatens to kill judge
Mainpuri: In a fit of rage after being sentenced to 10-year jail term, a rape convict threatened to kill the judge and court staff here, police said here on Saturday.
Kallu, a resident of Bhongaon town, was sentenced to 10-year imprisonment yesterday by additional sessions judge Shyam Behari for raping an eight-year-old girl in 2010.
After hearing the sentence, Kallu lost his temper and threatened to kill the judge and the court staff, police said.
An FIR has been registered against him in this regard, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram