UP receives fresh rains, major rivers on rise
Lucknow: Fresh rains were received in some parts of Uttar Pradesh following which major rivers, including Ganga, Sharda and Ghaghra, continued to rise and were flowing near the danger mark.
The Ganga was rising at Ankinghat, Dalmau, Allahabad, Mirzapur, Varanasi and Ghazipur area, according to the Central Water Commission.
The river Yamuna was rising along its course at Naini in Allahabad, whereas Sharda was rising in Kheri and was flowing above danger mark at Paliankalan.
Ghaghra was flowing near danger mark in Barabanki, Ayodhya and Turtipaar in Ballia district.
Birdghat in Gorakhpur received 55 mm of rainfall, while Kakadhari got 28 mm, 97.4 mm was received by Dabari and 76.4 mm by Fathgarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'