UP receives moderate to heavy rains, monsoon normal in west
Lucknow: With the southwest monsoon remaining normal in the state, moderate to rather heavy rain or thundershowers occurred at isolated places in Uttar Pradesh in the past 24 hours.
Met office sources said that chief amount of rainfall recorded in cms- Bansi 11, Thakurdwara 10, Moradabad 8, Sahabad 5, Bansi, Basti, Bareilly and Rampur 4 each, Bisauli 3 and Kanpur 2.
The sources said the southwest monsoon has been normal in western UP and weak over the eastern parts of the state.
It informed that rain and thundershowers would occur at many places over west UP and at a few places over east.
Met officials forecast heavy rain would occur at one or two places over the state during the next 48 hours.
Meanwhile, Sharda river was flowing above danger mark at Paliankalan in Lakhimpur and Ghaghra was above red mark at Elgin Bridge in Barabanki.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?