UP recommends CBI probe into murder of research scholar
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has recommended a CBI probe into murder of research scholar Neha Sharma, almost four months after she was found murdered in Dayalbagh Educational Institute in Agra.
Sharma was found dead in the institute on March 15.
"Request for CBI probe has been sent yesterday," Arun Kumar Mishra, Secretary (Home) told reporters here.
Police have filed a charge sheet against two persons, Uday Swaroop (21), a BSc student of the institute, and his friend, 35-year-old Yashveer Singh Sandhu, a laboratory technician. They were arrested on April 24.
The body of 27-year-old Neha was found in laboratory with 12 deep cuts inflected with a paper cutter and a surgical blade.
Her family had been demanding a probe by the agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Do you know where is Katrina Kaif's paradise? Watch video
- READ: What Suresh Raina said after Gujarat Lions' dream IPL run ended in Qualifier 2
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic.in 10th Results 2016 CBSE Board: CBSE Class 10th X Exam Result 2016 to be announced today on May 28 at 2 PM
- 10th X Results 2016 CBSE Board: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in 10th X class exam result 2016 CBSE Board to be announced soon
- Track your lost Android phone in these steps; remotely lock or erase data