UP recommends CBI probe into murder of research scholar
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has recommended a CBI probe into murder of research scholar Neha Sharma, almost four months after she was found murdered in Dayalbagh Educational Institute in Agra.
Sharma was found dead in the institute on March 15.
"Request for CBI probe has been sent yesterday," Arun Kumar Mishra, Secretary (Home) told reporters here.
Police have filed a charge sheet against two persons, Uday Swaroop (21), a BSc student of the institute, and his friend, 35-year-old Yashveer Singh Sandhu, a laboratory technician. They were arrested on April 24.
The body of 27-year-old Neha was found in laboratory with 12 deep cuts inflected with a paper cutter and a surgical blade.
Her family had been demanding a probe by the agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE STREAMING: West Indies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2
- ISRO to launch weather satellite next month
- WATCH: Mohammad Amir dismisses England's Alex Hales with an absolute peach of a delivery
- In Indonesia, eat sumptuous food served in a commode literally! – Must Watch
- Unbelievable! This son of a billionaire works as aam aadmi