UP recommends CBI probe into murder of research scholar
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has recommended a CBI probe into murder of research scholar Neha Sharma, almost four months after she was found murdered in Dayalbagh Educational Institute in Agra.
Sharma was found dead in the institute on March 15.
"Request for CBI probe has been sent yesterday," Arun Kumar Mishra, Secretary (Home) told reporters here.
Police have filed a charge sheet against two persons, Uday Swaroop (21), a BSc student of the institute, and his friend, 35-year-old Yashveer Singh Sandhu, a laboratory technician. They were arrested on April 24.
The body of 27-year-old Neha was found in laboratory with 12 deep cuts inflected with a paper cutter and a surgical blade.
Her family had been demanding a probe by the agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir