UP recommends CBI probe into murder of research scholar
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has recommended a CBI probe into murder of research scholar Neha Sharma, almost four months after she was found murdered in Dayalbagh Educational Institute in Agra.
Sharma was found dead in the institute on March 15.
"Request for CBI probe has been sent yesterday," Arun Kumar Mishra, Secretary (Home) told reporters here.
Police have filed a charge sheet against two persons, Uday Swaroop (21), a BSc student of the institute, and his friend, 35-year-old Yashveer Singh Sandhu, a laboratory technician. They were arrested on April 24.
The body of 27-year-old Neha was found in laboratory with 12 deep cuts inflected with a paper cutter and a surgical blade.
Her family had been demanding a probe by the agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire