UP recommends CBI probe into murder of research scholar
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has recommended a CBI probe into murder of research scholar Neha Sharma, almost four months after she was found murdered in Dayalbagh Educational Institute in Agra.
Sharma was found dead in the institute on March 15.
"Request for CBI probe has been sent yesterday," Arun Kumar Mishra, Secretary (Home) told reporters here.
Police have filed a charge sheet against two persons, Uday Swaroop (21), a BSc student of the institute, and his friend, 35-year-old Yashveer Singh Sandhu, a laboratory technician. They were arrested on April 24.
The body of 27-year-old Neha was found in laboratory with 12 deep cuts inflected with a paper cutter and a surgical blade.
Her family had been demanding a probe by the agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!