UP recovers 15 crores of tax money in sugar mills` raids
Lucknow: The trade tax department of Uttar Pradesh has recovered tax money of Rs 15 crores in raids conducted in several sugar mills of western UP for the
unaccounted trade of Rs 750 crore, official sources said here.
The mills were flouting the rule to pay two per cent tax on the sale of sugar in another municipal limit. Trade tax officers came across several trucks yesterday which were shown as transporting sugar to other states but in reality they were
offloading sugar within the state, Trade Tax commissioner Chandrabhanu said in a release issued here.
He said raids were conducted on seven sugar mills of Western UP in which the officers found unaccounted sugar worth a total of Rs 750 crore.
A fine of Rs 30 crore would be imposed on these mills, he said adding that the surprise raids would continue in future also.
The sugar mills raided included one in Moradabad, two in Dhampur, Sibhawali, Baijnathpur, Modinagar and Tikaula each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- She's a bae! Priyanka Chopra to get special poster for 'Baywatch'
- Foreign Investors buoyed by Indian investment: USIBC to Obama