UP remains under grip of cold wave
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh reeled under cold wave as temperature in some parts of the state was nine to 11 degree Celsius below normal.
Meteorological department office here said that Jhansi, which recorded 1.5 deg C, was the coldest place in the state during the past 24 hours.
Night temperatures rose in Lucknow and Bareilly divisions and changed little elsewhere in the state.
The mercury was markedly below normal in Moradabad division, appreciably below normal in Gorakhpur, Varanasi, Faizabad, Bahraich, Allahabad, Kanpur, Lucknow, Bareilly, Agra divisions and below normal in Meerut division and normal in Jhansi.
The met office has forecast that weather would be mainly dry over the state with possibility of fog/mist over one or two places state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees