UP remains under grip of cold wave
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh reeled under cold wave as temperature in some parts of the state was nine to 11 degree Celsius below normal.
Meteorological department office here said that Jhansi, which recorded 1.5 deg C, was the coldest place in the state during the past 24 hours.
Night temperatures rose in Lucknow and Bareilly divisions and changed little elsewhere in the state.
The mercury was markedly below normal in Moradabad division, appreciably below normal in Gorakhpur, Varanasi, Faizabad, Bahraich, Allahabad, Kanpur, Lucknow, Bareilly, Agra divisions and below normal in Meerut division and normal in Jhansi.
The met office has forecast that weather would be mainly dry over the state with possibility of fog/mist over one or two places state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog