UP remains under grip of cold wave
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh reeled under cold wave as temperature in some parts of the state was nine to 11 degree Celsius below normal.
Meteorological department office here said that Jhansi, which recorded 1.5 deg C, was the coldest place in the state during the past 24 hours.
Night temperatures rose in Lucknow and Bareilly divisions and changed little elsewhere in the state.
The mercury was markedly below normal in Moradabad division, appreciably below normal in Gorakhpur, Varanasi, Faizabad, Bahraich, Allahabad, Kanpur, Lucknow, Bareilly, Agra divisions and below normal in Meerut division and normal in Jhansi.
The met office has forecast that weather would be mainly dry over the state with possibility of fog/mist over one or two places state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- PCB faces criticism for sending 4 media managers for England tour
- MDSU BSTC 2016 (bstcmdsu2016.com): Check Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University college allotment list 2016
- CBSE to conduct NEET-II on July 24
- BJP demands CBI enquiry into AAP leader Santosh Koli's death
- PCB: Shahryar Khan gets Nawaz Sharif's nod to continue as Chairman