UP: Resentment in Cong over ticket distribution
Lucknow: Fresh resentment in the Congress
on Friday came to the fore on the issue of ticket distribution for
Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls with another senior leader
accusing the party of selecting candidates having corrupt and
After the resignation of chief spokesman of the state
party unit Subodh Kumar Srivastava from all party posts on
denial of ticket, Arun Prakash Singh, former general secretary
and PCC member today questioned the selection of nominees and
termed the choice as a "blot on party`s image".
"Communal, corrupt and criminal elements and outsiders
have been given priority in the lists released so far," Singh
said in a statement here.
Singh alleged that senior leaders of the state unit have
misled the high command and got their favourites fielded while
loyalists have been ignored. This could prove to be
detrimental to the party`s electoral prospects, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH