UP riots: `Plan to ensure safe return of people chalked out`
Lucknow: Concerned over large scale displacement of people from riot-hit Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh government Monday said that a plan has been chalked out to ensure their safe return.
Urban Development Minister Azam Khan said that "a plan has been prepared to ensure safe return of riot-affected people to their villages."
"Government has worked out a plan for the safe return of those living in camps which would be implemented soon," Azam said in a statement.
He assured that in areas where number of any community is too low or where they live in remote villages where it is difficult for the police to reach in time, housing at safe places will be arranged very soon.
The minister also assured the people that efforts are on by the state government to compensate for the losses suffered by them.
The minister warned the people to remain cautious from those who want to gain political mileage.
"Vulnerable people of any community will not be left on the mercy of the merchants of death and the government will make alternate arrangements for their security," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- Yakub Memon's last words before he was hanged - 'I pardon you'
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment