UP roads to get smoother with Rs 1,700 crore
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has sanctioned Rs 1,700 crore for laying new roads and for the maintenance and repair of existing roads in the current financial year, said an official on Friday.
A decision clearing all such proposals was taken at a meeting of the state road fund management committee Thursday, the official told a news agency.
The meeting, while delving into the proposals received from all districts on a case-to-case basis, sanctioned Rs 500 crore for laying new roads and Rs 900 for maintaining existing roads and state highways. The rest of the money will be spent on completion of projects pending from last year, the official said.
Minister of Public Works Department Shivpal Singh Yadav told officials to meet timelines with regard to laying new roads, and also underlined the need for timely repair and maintenance of roads, he said.
The budget under the roads head this year is 13 percent higher than last year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living