UP: Robbers loot jewellery store, jeweller in separate incidents
Ghaziabad: Unidentified men allegedly decamped with ornaments worth Rs five lakh after they looted a jewellery shop and a jeweller in two separate incidents here, police said.
Satish Kumar, a jeweller, was allegedly robbed of gold worth Rs two lakh and Rs 8,000 in cash by armed motorcycle-borne persons last night in Pretap Vihar here when he was returning home, police said.
In another incident, unidentified persons broke into a jewellery shop at Vijay Nagar here last night and looted ornaments worth Rs three lakh.
A probe is on in both the incidents, said officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?