UP: Robbers loot jewellery store, jeweller in separate incidents
Ghaziabad: Unidentified men allegedly decamped with ornaments worth Rs five lakh after they looted a jewellery shop and a jeweller in two separate incidents here, police said.
Satish Kumar, a jeweller, was allegedly robbed of gold worth Rs two lakh and Rs 8,000 in cash by armed motorcycle-borne persons last night in Pretap Vihar here when he was returning home, police said.
In another incident, unidentified persons broke into a jewellery shop at Vijay Nagar here last night and looted ornaments worth Rs three lakh.
A probe is on in both the incidents, said officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district
- Major blow to Nawaz govt as US asks Pakistan to make ‘full payment’ for F-16 fighter jets
- Death toll from collapsed building in Kenya rises to 22
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala