UP: Rs 53 lakh unaccounted cash seized
Lucknow: Unaccounted cash totalling Rs 53
lakh were on Saturday recovered from different districts of Uttar
Pradesh in a drive to check flow of illegal money during
Assembly elections, police said.
During the drive, Rs 23.68 lakh were recovered from
Varanasi, Rs 9 lakh in Meerut, Rs 5.54 lakh in Sitapur, Rs
4.55 lakh from Gorakhpur, Rs 3.55 lakh from CSM Nagar, Rs 3.48
lakh from Bijnore and Rs 3.44 lakh from Allahabad, they said.
Income Tax department officials have been informed of the
recovery and investigations were on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'