UP: Rs 53 lakh unaccounted cash seized
Lucknow: Unaccounted cash totalling Rs 53
lakh were on Saturday recovered from different districts of Uttar
Pradesh in a drive to check flow of illegal money during
Assembly elections, police said.
During the drive, Rs 23.68 lakh were recovered from
Varanasi, Rs 9 lakh in Meerut, Rs 5.54 lakh in Sitapur, Rs
4.55 lakh from Gorakhpur, Rs 3.55 lakh from CSM Nagar, Rs 3.48
lakh from Bijnore and Rs 3.44 lakh from Allahabad, they said.
Income Tax department officials have been informed of the
recovery and investigations were on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug