UP: SDM, 5 others injured in clash
Bulandshahr: At least six people, including a Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM), were on Monday injured in a clash between police and protesters agitating for electricity supply at Narora town here, an official said.
Around 300 protesters blocked road traffic to demand that electricity supply of the town be joined to the grid feeding the Narora Atomic Power Plant(NAPP), after which police resorted to lathicharge when the situation became tense.
SDM Ram Singh of Debai Tehsil and three policemen were injured in stone throwing by the agitators, the official said, adding that two protesters were also hurt in the entire incident.
While further details are awaited, additional units of police are being deployed from Debai and neighbouring police stations to control the situation, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda