UP: SDM, 5 others injured in clash
Bulandshahr: At least six people, including a Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM), were on Monday injured in a clash between police and protesters agitating for electricity supply at Narora town here, an official said.
Around 300 protesters blocked road traffic to demand that electricity supply of the town be joined to the grid feeding the Narora Atomic Power Plant(NAPP), after which police resorted to lathicharge when the situation became tense.
SDM Ram Singh of Debai Tehsil and three policemen were injured in stone throwing by the agitators, the official said, adding that two protesters were also hurt in the entire incident.
While further details are awaited, additional units of police are being deployed from Debai and neighbouring police stations to control the situation, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender