UP: SDM, 5 others injured in clash
Bulandshahr: At least six people, including a Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM), were on Monday injured in a clash between police and protesters agitating for electricity supply at Narora town here, an official said.
Around 300 protesters blocked road traffic to demand that electricity supply of the town be joined to the grid feeding the Narora Atomic Power Plant(NAPP), after which police resorted to lathicharge when the situation became tense.
SDM Ram Singh of Debai Tehsil and three policemen were injured in stone throwing by the agitators, the official said, adding that two protesters were also hurt in the entire incident.
While further details are awaited, additional units of police are being deployed from Debai and neighbouring police stations to control the situation, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part III
- Anurag Thakur unanimously elected as BCCI President
- UP: Boy without hands from Mainpuri secured 71.8% marks in 10th Board Exams
- Did you know Avika Gor also took Cannes Film Festival by storm this year! - Pics inside
- Vijay Mallya's India woes now troubling his US beer firm
- Toyota says 90% of Camry demand for hybrid model now
- NEET issue: President Pranab Mukherjee to seek legal advice on ordinance
- Weak oil prices may hit remittances from Gulf nations: Crisil