UP: SDM, 5 others injured in clash
Bulandshahr: At least six people, including a Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM), were on Monday injured in a clash between police and protesters agitating for electricity supply at Narora town here, an official said.
Around 300 protesters blocked road traffic to demand that electricity supply of the town be joined to the grid feeding the Narora Atomic Power Plant(NAPP), after which police resorted to lathicharge when the situation became tense.
SDM Ram Singh of Debai Tehsil and three policemen were injured in stone throwing by the agitators, the official said, adding that two protesters were also hurt in the entire incident.
While further details are awaited, additional units of police are being deployed from Debai and neighbouring police stations to control the situation, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future