UP: SDM, 5 others injured in clash
Bulandshahr: At least six people, including a Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM), were on Monday injured in a clash between police and protesters agitating for electricity supply at Narora town here, an official said.
Around 300 protesters blocked road traffic to demand that electricity supply of the town be joined to the grid feeding the Narora Atomic Power Plant(NAPP), after which police resorted to lathicharge when the situation became tense.
SDM Ram Singh of Debai Tehsil and three policemen were injured in stone throwing by the agitators, the official said, adding that two protesters were also hurt in the entire incident.
While further details are awaited, additional units of police are being deployed from Debai and neighbouring police stations to control the situation, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Stephen Constantine names probable squad for Puerto Rico match
- RBI lets banks issue masala bonds, to accept corporate bonds in LAF
- Angry Mehbooba ends press meet with Rajnath abruptly
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO
- Two reward-carrying women Naxals arrested; another surrenders