UP: SDM`s wife arrested for killing driver
Lucknow: Wife of a government officer and a guard have been arrested for their alleged involvement in the murder of a driver in Chinhat area, police said here on Thursday.
Kailasha Varma, wife of Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) Pratibhan Varma posted at Barabanki, and guard Moti were arrested yesterday for allegedly plotting murder of the SDM`s driver Sarabjeet, who was stabbed to death on Tuesday, they said.
The SDM with the help of his driver Sarabjeet had hired three contract killers to settle score with his neighbours, who he suspected were spoiling his daughter.
The contract killers stayed at SDM`s Harinagar residence in Chinhat for three weeks, they said.
In the meantime, Sarabjeet changed his mind and asked the contract killers to kill the SDM`s wife and son in a bid to grab their property.
However, guard Moti tipped off the SDM`s wife Kailasha about Sarabjeet`s plan and she persuaded the killers to eliminate Sarabjeet, they said.
On Tuesday evening, Sarabjeet was stabbed to death by the killers infront of the SDM`s Harinagar residence, police said.
The three contract killers - Ramswaroop, his brother-in-law Janardan and Vipin are absconding and efforts were being made to arrest them, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate