UP: Security in Noida beefed up
Noida: Security has been beefed up in Delhi`s outskirts Noida, in the wake of the blast in the national capital and, checking has been intensified in and around shopping malls following terror threats.
30 personnel of the Anti-Terrorist Squad have been deployed here, and the team today inspected the District Magistrate`s office (collectorate) premises in Surajpur.
Police intensified checking at the district`s borders with Delhi and appealed to the residents to be vigilant and report any suspicious person or object in their area to the nearest police post.
Security has also been tightened in the parking areas of shopping malls, police said, adding patrolling at sensitive areas have been intensified.
Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) personnel have been deployed and ATS team members were also checking the sensitive areas, Jyoti Narayan, SSP, Noida, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'