UP: Security in Noida beefed up
Noida: Security has been beefed up in Delhi`s outskirts Noida, in the wake of the blast in the national capital and, checking has been intensified in and around shopping malls following terror threats.
30 personnel of the Anti-Terrorist Squad have been deployed here, and the team today inspected the District Magistrate`s office (collectorate) premises in Surajpur.
Police intensified checking at the district`s borders with Delhi and appealed to the residents to be vigilant and report any suspicious person or object in their area to the nearest police post.
Security has also been tightened in the parking areas of shopping malls, police said, adding patrolling at sensitive areas have been intensified.
Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) personnel have been deployed and ATS team members were also checking the sensitive areas, Jyoti Narayan, SSP, Noida, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope
- World Hepatitis Day, 2016: Ten facts you should know!