UP sets target of 10-mn job creation,10% growth in 12th Plan
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has set a target of providing employment to 10 million people and achieve 10 per cent growth during the 12th Five Year Plan period (2012-17), Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said on Monday.
Yadav, in a statement, said that for all-round development of the state, a proposal of Rs 3.61 lakh crore for the Plan period will be sent to the Planning Commission.
Presiding over a meeting of state Planning Commission, he said being an agriculture-based state, a target of growth in that sector has been fixed at 5 per cent.
Similarly a target of 10 per cent growth in dairy development, animal husbandry, fisheries and the industrial sector has been fixed.
Besides new policies for sugar, agriculture, food processing, biotech and renewal energy, new policies for industrial, higher education, IT and housing and rehabilitation would be prepared and implemented to attract investment from private sector, he added.
Continuous verification and review of development works would be done and e-payment, e-procurement and e-tendering arrangement would be implemented.
The CM said that a proposal of Rs 33,677.44 crore was being made for agriculture and agri-based works in the Plan period.
He directed officials to make serious efforts to increase foodgrain storage capacity and asked state`s Chief Secretary Javed Usmani to review progress of under-construction godowns with capacity of 10.5 lakh tonnes, so the state has additional storage capacity before paddy purchase.
To promote cane farmers and economic growth of the state, new integrated policy for co-generation and setting up of new sugar mills would be prepared soon, he said.
The state government was giving special importance to the development of energy, irrigation and traffic sectors and to prepare economic basic structure in the 12th Plan a proposal of Rs 1,25,835.16 crore has been made.
The government was making efforts to improve power situation and in 12th plan target of an additional generation of 16,274 mega watt has been fixed of which efforts were being made to receive 10,868 MW from private sector, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery