UP sets target of 10-mn job creation,10% growth in 12th Plan
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has set a target of providing employment to 10 million people and achieve 10 per cent growth during the 12th Five Year Plan period (2012-17), Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said on Monday.
Yadav, in a statement, said that for all-round development of the state, a proposal of Rs 3.61 lakh crore for the Plan period will be sent to the Planning Commission.
Presiding over a meeting of state Planning Commission, he said being an agriculture-based state, a target of growth in that sector has been fixed at 5 per cent.
Similarly a target of 10 per cent growth in dairy development, animal husbandry, fisheries and the industrial sector has been fixed.
Besides new policies for sugar, agriculture, food processing, biotech and renewal energy, new policies for industrial, higher education, IT and housing and rehabilitation would be prepared and implemented to attract investment from private sector, he added.
Continuous verification and review of development works would be done and e-payment, e-procurement and e-tendering arrangement would be implemented.
The CM said that a proposal of Rs 33,677.44 crore was being made for agriculture and agri-based works in the Plan period.
He directed officials to make serious efforts to increase foodgrain storage capacity and asked state`s Chief Secretary Javed Usmani to review progress of under-construction godowns with capacity of 10.5 lakh tonnes, so the state has additional storage capacity before paddy purchase.
To promote cane farmers and economic growth of the state, new integrated policy for co-generation and setting up of new sugar mills would be prepared soon, he said.
The state government was giving special importance to the development of energy, irrigation and traffic sectors and to prepare economic basic structure in the 12th Plan a proposal of Rs 1,25,835.16 crore has been made.
The government was making efforts to improve power situation and in 12th plan target of an additional generation of 16,274 mega watt has been fixed of which efforts were being made to receive 10,868 MW from private sector, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth