UP: Seven killed as truck hits three-wheeler
Gorakhpur: At least seven people,
including three children, were killed and five others injured
when a speeding truck rammed into a three-wheeler in
Chauri-Chaura area of the district, police said on Friday.
The accident occurred near Satahwa village last evening
when the mini-truck hit the three-wheeler, killing seven
passengers and injuring five others.
Two of the victims, Nandlal (48) and Asha (40), died on
the spot while three children, Satyam (5), Shivam (8), Jaidev
(2), and two unidentified man and woman succumbed to their
injuries in the district hospital.
The injured were admitted to the district hospital here,
where two of them are stated to be serious.
Most of the dead were residents of Karmajeetpur in
Gauribazar area of Deoria district.
The drivers of the truck and three-wheeler are at large.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'