UP: Seven killed as truck hits three-wheeler
Gorakhpur: At least seven people,
including three children, were killed and five others injured
when a speeding truck rammed into a three-wheeler in
Chauri-Chaura area of the district, police said on Friday.
The accident occurred near Satahwa village last evening
when the mini-truck hit the three-wheeler, killing seven
passengers and injuring five others.
Two of the victims, Nandlal (48) and Asha (40), died on
the spot while three children, Satyam (5), Shivam (8), Jaidev
(2), and two unidentified man and woman succumbed to their
injuries in the district hospital.
The injured were admitted to the district hospital here,
where two of them are stated to be serious.
Most of the dead were residents of Karmajeetpur in
Gauribazar area of Deoria district.
The drivers of the truck and three-wheeler are at large.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security