UP: Seven killed as truck hits three-wheeler
Gorakhpur: At least seven people,
including three children, were killed and five others injured
when a speeding truck rammed into a three-wheeler in
Chauri-Chaura area of the district, police said on Friday.
The accident occurred near Satahwa village last evening
when the mini-truck hit the three-wheeler, killing seven
passengers and injuring five others.
Two of the victims, Nandlal (48) and Asha (40), died on
the spot while three children, Satyam (5), Shivam (8), Jaidev
(2), and two unidentified man and woman succumbed to their
injuries in the district hospital.
The injured were admitted to the district hospital here,
where two of them are stated to be serious.
Most of the dead were residents of Karmajeetpur in
Gauribazar area of Deoria district.
The drivers of the truck and three-wheeler are at large.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative