UP: Seven killed as truck hits three-wheeler
Gorakhpur: At least seven people,
including three children, were killed and five others injured
when a speeding truck rammed into a three-wheeler in
Chauri-Chaura area of the district, police said on Friday.
The accident occurred near Satahwa village last evening
when the mini-truck hit the three-wheeler, killing seven
passengers and injuring five others.
Two of the victims, Nandlal (48) and Asha (40), died on
the spot while three children, Satyam (5), Shivam (8), Jaidev
(2), and two unidentified man and woman succumbed to their
injuries in the district hospital.
The injured were admitted to the district hospital here,
where two of them are stated to be serious.
Most of the dead were residents of Karmajeetpur in
Gauribazar area of Deoria district.
The drivers of the truck and three-wheeler are at large.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan