UP: Shia cleric seeks ministerial berth for sect
Lucknow: Shia cleric Maulana Kalbe Jawad
Naqvi on Sunday met Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav at
his residence here to congratulate him for the party`s
sweeping victory in the assembly polls and sought ministerial
berth for a member of the Muslim sect in Uttar Pradesh.
The cleric said the 20 per cent Shias of UP contributed
substantially to SP`s victory and therefore deserved a
representation in the Council of Ministers.
He also said people with clean image should be made part
of Shia Waqf board.
Maulana Jawad said SP should create pressure on the
Centre for maintaining better ties with Iran and release
senior Indian journalist Syed Mohd Ahmad Kazmi (50) who was
arrested on March six in connection with the bomb attack on an
Israeli embassy car in the national capital last month.
According to a release issued on behalf of the cleric,
Mulayam assured Maulana Jawad that his demand and suggestions
would be considered seriously.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad