UP: Shia cleric seeks ministerial berth for sect
Lucknow: Shia cleric Maulana Kalbe Jawad
Naqvi on Sunday met Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav at
his residence here to congratulate him for the party`s
sweeping victory in the assembly polls and sought ministerial
berth for a member of the Muslim sect in Uttar Pradesh.
The cleric said the 20 per cent Shias of UP contributed
substantially to SP`s victory and therefore deserved a
representation in the Council of Ministers.
He also said people with clean image should be made part
of Shia Waqf board.
Maulana Jawad said SP should create pressure on the
Centre for maintaining better ties with Iran and release
senior Indian journalist Syed Mohd Ahmad Kazmi (50) who was
arrested on March six in connection with the bomb attack on an
Israeli embassy car in the national capital last month.
According to a release issued on behalf of the cleric,
Mulayam assured Maulana Jawad that his demand and suggestions
would be considered seriously.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Pakistan's Sami Aslam reveals why he always recalls these words from Sachin Tendulkar's retirement speech
- Subramanian Swamy fires fresh salvo at Raghuram Rajan, claims he has no degree in economics
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today
- Subramanian Swamy's piece of advice to Rahul Gandhi - Quit politics to save Congress future