UP: Shia cleric seeks ministerial berth for sect
Lucknow: Shia cleric Maulana Kalbe Jawad
Naqvi on Sunday met Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav at
his residence here to congratulate him for the party`s
sweeping victory in the assembly polls and sought ministerial
berth for a member of the Muslim sect in Uttar Pradesh.
The cleric said the 20 per cent Shias of UP contributed
substantially to SP`s victory and therefore deserved a
representation in the Council of Ministers.
He also said people with clean image should be made part
of Shia Waqf board.
Maulana Jawad said SP should create pressure on the
Centre for maintaining better ties with Iran and release
senior Indian journalist Syed Mohd Ahmad Kazmi (50) who was
arrested on March six in connection with the bomb attack on an
Israeli embassy car in the national capital last month.
According to a release issued on behalf of the cleric,
Mulayam assured Maulana Jawad that his demand and suggestions
would be considered seriously.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'