UP Shia Wakf Board head under Lokayukta scanner
Lucknow: Chairman of the Uttar Pradesh Shia
Wakf Board Syed Waseem Rizvi has come under the scanner of
Lokayukta as a complaint charging him with misuse of office
was lodged on Wednesday.
A complaint of misuse of office against chairman of UP
Shia Wakf Board Syed Waseem Rizvi, who enjoys the status of
Minister of State, was filed by Syed Meesam Rizvi, Lokayukta
Justice NK Mehrotra said.
He said the complainant has accused the chairman of either
grabbing or assisting others in grabbing five Wakf properties
in the state capital.
After preliminary inquiry into complaint against Rizvi,
notice would be issued to him seeking his reply.
The Lokayukta said at present there were complaints of
misuse of office, land grabbing and disproportionate assets
against six ministers which were being probed.
They include parliamentary affairs minister Lalji Verma,
agriculture minister Laxmi Narain, minister of state Ratanlal
Ahirwar, energy minister Ramveer Upadhyaya, higher education
minister Rakesh Dhar Tripathi and horticulture minister Narain
Singh, he said.
He said complaints were also pending against 10 MLAs and
chairmen of six corporations, while culture minister Subhash
Pandey and BJP MLA Moti Singh have been absolved.
Four ministers, including Rajesh Tripathi, Awadhpal Singh,
Rangnath Mishra and Badshah Singh have been removed on the
basis of Lokayukta report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price