UP Shia Wakf Board head under Lokayukta scanner
Lucknow: Chairman of the Uttar Pradesh Shia
Wakf Board Syed Waseem Rizvi has come under the scanner of
Lokayukta as a complaint charging him with misuse of office
was lodged on Wednesday.
A complaint of misuse of office against chairman of UP
Shia Wakf Board Syed Waseem Rizvi, who enjoys the status of
Minister of State, was filed by Syed Meesam Rizvi, Lokayukta
Justice NK Mehrotra said.
He said the complainant has accused the chairman of either
grabbing or assisting others in grabbing five Wakf properties
in the state capital.
After preliminary inquiry into complaint against Rizvi,
notice would be issued to him seeking his reply.
The Lokayukta said at present there were complaints of
misuse of office, land grabbing and disproportionate assets
against six ministers which were being probed.
They include parliamentary affairs minister Lalji Verma,
agriculture minister Laxmi Narain, minister of state Ratanlal
Ahirwar, energy minister Ramveer Upadhyaya, higher education
minister Rakesh Dhar Tripathi and horticulture minister Narain
Singh, he said.
He said complaints were also pending against 10 MLAs and
chairmen of six corporations, while culture minister Subhash
Pandey and BJP MLA Moti Singh have been absolved.
Four ministers, including Rajesh Tripathi, Awadhpal Singh,
Rangnath Mishra and Badshah Singh have been removed on the
basis of Lokayukta report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details