UP shocker: 16-year-old girl set on fire for resisting rape
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: A 16-year-old girl was set on fire after she resisted a rape attempt. The incident happened in Uttar Pradesh`s Bulandshahr district on Thursday.
The accused tried to rape the class nine school girl when she was alone at her home. When the girl resisted his advances he poured kerosene over her and set her on fire.
The girl has suffered severe burn injuries and is battling for her life at the Aligarh Medical College.
The UP police have filed a case of attempt to murder and attempt to rape rape against the absconding youth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley