UP shocker: 16-year-old girl set on fire for resisting rape
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: A 16-year-old girl was set on fire after she resisted a rape attempt. The incident happened in Uttar Pradesh`s Bulandshahr district on Thursday.
The accused tried to rape the class nine school girl when she was alone at her home. When the girl resisted his advances he poured kerosene over her and set her on fire.
The girl has suffered severe burn injuries and is battling for her life at the Aligarh Medical College.
The UP police have filed a case of attempt to murder and attempt to rape rape against the absconding youth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family