UP SIT to probe sectarian clash in old city
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government has handed over inquiry of sectarian clash in old city area of the state capital to SIT.
"The probe into sectarian clash in old city on January 16 has been handed over to SIT on a recommendation by the district administration," IG law and order B P Singh told reporters here.
Two persons were killed and 18 injured in the clash.
Former BSP MP Dawood Ahmad is among 13 persons named in the FIR in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka