UP SIT to probe sectarian clash in old city
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government has handed over inquiry of sectarian clash in old city area of the state capital to SIT.
"The probe into sectarian clash in old city on January 16 has been handed over to SIT on a recommendation by the district administration," IG law and order B P Singh told reporters here.
Two persons were killed and 18 injured in the clash.
Former BSP MP Dawood Ahmad is among 13 persons named in the FIR in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city