UP SIT to probe sectarian clash in old city
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government has handed over inquiry of sectarian clash in old city area of the state capital to SIT.
"The probe into sectarian clash in old city on January 16 has been handed over to SIT on a recommendation by the district administration," IG law and order B P Singh told reporters here.
Two persons were killed and 18 injured in the clash.
Former BSP MP Dawood Ahmad is among 13 persons named in the FIR in this connection.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living