UP SIT to probe sectarian clash in old city
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government has handed over inquiry of sectarian clash in old city area of the state capital to SIT.
"The probe into sectarian clash in old city on January 16 has been handed over to SIT on a recommendation by the district administration," IG law and order B P Singh told reporters here.
Two persons were killed and 18 injured in the clash.
Former BSP MP Dawood Ahmad is among 13 persons named in the FIR in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured