UP sizzles as mercury hovers around 45 degrees
Lucknow: Heat wave conditions continued to roast Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday with the mercury soaring to 45 degrees Celsius in some parts of the state and hot winds lashing the state.
Most people stayed indoors as humidity and long hours of power outages and cuts added to people`s woes.
In the last 24 hours, Etawah remained the hottest place in Uttar Pradesh at 46.2 degrees Celsius, four degrees above the normal temperature for this time of the season.
Banda recorded 45.2 degrees Celsius, Hamirpur 45.2 degrees, Agra 43.3 degrees, and Allahabad 45.5 degrees, making these the hottest cities in the state.
The early morning temperature in Lucknow was 28 degrees Celsius while the day temperature hovered around 44 degrees Celsius, a meteorological department official told a news agency.
There was no likelihood of any respite from the heat nor any chances of rain, the official added. He said that some parts of the state may have short spells of rain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical