UP: Slain CRPF man`s last rites performed
Gorakhpur: The last rites of a CRPF
jawan killed in Naxal attack in Gadhchirauli in Maharashtra
were performed here with full state honours, family members
Shivanand Yadav (38), a resident of Pipiganj area of the
district, was a CRPF driver and was posted in Gadhchirauli.
He was among the 12 CRPF personnel who was killed in a land
mine blast on Tuesday last.
His body was brought to his village yesterday afternoon.
His son lit the funeral pyre at Turkwalia Ghat on the banks of
the Rapti river yesterday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus