UP: Slain CRPF man`s last rites performed
Gorakhpur: The last rites of a CRPF
jawan killed in Naxal attack in Gadhchirauli in Maharashtra
were performed here with full state honours, family members
Shivanand Yadav (38), a resident of Pipiganj area of the
district, was a CRPF driver and was posted in Gadhchirauli.
He was among the 12 CRPF personnel who was killed in a land
mine blast on Tuesday last.
His body was brought to his village yesterday afternoon.
His son lit the funeral pyre at Turkwalia Ghat on the banks of
the Rapti river yesterday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Russia announces aid operation for Syria`s besieged Aleppo
- Democratic National Convention: In speech of her life, Hillary Clinton to say 'US at moment of reckoning'
- Security agencies have advised PM Modi to speak from within bulletproof enclosure on Independence Day: Report
- US women lawmakers back Hillary Clinton as next US President
- South Sudan on brink of an abyss: UN chief