UP: SP MLA accused of threatening police officer
Pratapgarh: A Samajwadi Party MLA has been accused by a local police officer of pressurising him to release an arrested accused and threatening him with "dire consequences" for refusing to obey him.
Acting station officer Udal Singh Solanki of local police station alleged that when he had gone to arrest an accused, Mobin in Jaitipur village last evening, the villagers put up a resistance and called MLA from Pratapgarh (Sadar) constituency, Munna Yadav.
He claimed that the MLA asked him to release Mobin and abused and threatened him when he refused to follow his diktat.
The officer recorded the matter into the general diary of the police station and also lodged a complaint with Superintendent of Police Kiran S and gave him the audio recordings of the MLA`s alleged abusive conversations.
When contacted, the SP said he had heard the tape and though the entire conversation was not fully audible, it was clear that some heated exchange did take place.
Circle Officer (City) has been asked to probe the matter, the SP said, adding that he could say anything further only after receiving the inquiry report.
The MLA could not be contacted so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?