UP: SP wins Pipraich assembly bypoll
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party candidate
Rajmati Nishad on Friday defeated her nearest rival Jitendra alias
Pappu Jaiswal (Independent) in Pipraich assembly bypoll by a
margin of 26,683 votes.
The election was necessitated due to death of BSP MLA
Jamuna Prasad Nishad in a road accident in November last year.
Terming victory of its candidate in Pipraich by-polls
as a gift to UP Chief Minister Mayawati on her completion of
four year tenure, Samajwadi Party said the message from the
win is loud and clear that people have rejected "corrupt" BSP
"SP candidate from Pipraich (Gorakhpur) won today with
a comfortable margin. The message from this victory is loud
and clear the people of the state did not want to see corrupt
Mayawati government. Our victory is gift to Mayawati on
her completion of four years as CM," SP state President
Akhilesh Yadav told reporters.
He said in the past four years corruption reached its
peak while law and order was at its worst.
"The fifth floor (CM`s office in the annexe building)
become research centre for devising ways for corruption. The
officers are working as BSP spokesman and all of them ganged
up to loot the state," Akhilesh said.
When SP was in power the state coffers were full and
there was no loan, but the situation was opposite now, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets