UP: SP wins Pipraich assembly bypoll
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party candidate
Rajmati Nishad on Friday defeated her nearest rival Jitendra alias
Pappu Jaiswal (Independent) in Pipraich assembly bypoll by a
margin of 26,683 votes.
The election was necessitated due to death of BSP MLA
Jamuna Prasad Nishad in a road accident in November last year.
Terming victory of its candidate in Pipraich by-polls
as a gift to UP Chief Minister Mayawati on her completion of
four year tenure, Samajwadi Party said the message from the
win is loud and clear that people have rejected "corrupt" BSP
"SP candidate from Pipraich (Gorakhpur) won today with
a comfortable margin. The message from this victory is loud
and clear the people of the state did not want to see corrupt
Mayawati government. Our victory is gift to Mayawati on
her completion of four years as CM," SP state President
Akhilesh Yadav told reporters.
He said in the past four years corruption reached its
peak while law and order was at its worst.
"The fifth floor (CM`s office in the annexe building)
become research centre for devising ways for corruption. The
officers are working as BSP spokesman and all of them ganged
up to loot the state," Akhilesh said.
When SP was in power the state coffers were full and
there was no loan, but the situation was opposite now, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali