UP: SP wins Pipraich assembly bypoll
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party candidate
Rajmati Nishad on Friday defeated her nearest rival Jitendra alias
Pappu Jaiswal (Independent) in Pipraich assembly bypoll by a
margin of 26,683 votes.
The election was necessitated due to death of BSP MLA
Jamuna Prasad Nishad in a road accident in November last year.
Terming victory of its candidate in Pipraich by-polls
as a gift to UP Chief Minister Mayawati on her completion of
four year tenure, Samajwadi Party said the message from the
win is loud and clear that people have rejected "corrupt" BSP
"SP candidate from Pipraich (Gorakhpur) won today with
a comfortable margin. The message from this victory is loud
and clear the people of the state did not want to see corrupt
Mayawati government. Our victory is gift to Mayawati on
her completion of four years as CM," SP state President
Akhilesh Yadav told reporters.
He said in the past four years corruption reached its
peak while law and order was at its worst.
"The fifth floor (CM`s office in the annexe building)
become research centre for devising ways for corruption. The
officers are working as BSP spokesman and all of them ganged
up to loot the state," Akhilesh said.
When SP was in power the state coffers were full and
there was no loan, but the situation was opposite now, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part IV
- Stolen LMG recovered in Punjab, red alert sounded for runaway BSF trooper
- India wants close security coordination with Bangladesh: Envoy
- LeEco launches new video membership brand for young consumers
- Normandy church attack: French priest, two hostage takers killed; Islamic State claims responsibility
- Kargil war: When Pakistan faced stinging defeat at the hands of India - Watch