UP STF officers felicitated for help in Masood murder
New Delhi: Three officials of Uttar Pradesh Special Task Force were on Wednesday given cash awards by the CBI for their help in the arrest of the main accused in the Shehla Masood murder case of Bhopal.
In a brief ceremony, CBI director Ranjit Sinha gave Rs 25,000 to DSP Triveni Singh, Sub-inspector Anil Kumar, Head Constable Khadim Sajjad and one Shirish Chandra for helping in the arrest of two main accused involved in the murder of the RTI activist.
The officers were also given commendation letters for their swift action which led to the cracking of the case.
Singh, who was posted at circle officer with the special task force, arrested Tabish Khan, a cousin of another key accused Shaquib Ali `Danger`, from his Bekanganj residence.
The agency had announced reward worth Rs 10 lakh for any information related to the case.
Masood was shot dead outside her house at Koh-e-Fiza locality on August 16 last year when she was going to take part in protests in support of Jan Lokpal Bill.
The CBI has already arrested Bhopal-based architect Zahida Parvez, her aide Saba Farooqui, Ali and Irfan in connection with the case. Parvez had allegedly masterminded the killing as she resented Masood`s close relations with BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh with whom she was obsessed with, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31