UP: Student stabs teacher inside classroom
Lucknow: Angry over being pulled up for indiscipline, a Class 11 student in Uttar Pradesh stabbed his teacher inside the classroom, police said on Tuesday. The accused is absconding.
The incident took place on Monday in the government-aided Adarsh Inter College in Saharanpur district`s Bargaon town, about 500 km from here. The 16-year-old student stabbed his physics teacher Jagdev Singh with a knife.
"Jagdev Singh, who received multiple injuries on his face, is out of danger," Police Inspector Digambar Singh said.
"Investigations reveal that on noticing that the classroom was in a state of disorder... Jagdev scolded the student for indiscipline and disturbing the seating arrangements in the classroom," Digambar told reporters in Saharanpur.
"In a fit of rage, the teenager later attacked his teacher and ran away," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Union Cabinet clears Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016 – Know the new rules
- 6.8 magnitude earthquake hits Myanmar; tremors felt in northeast, Kolkata, Patna, Guwahati
- Did OP Jaisha lie about official apathy in Rio? Here is her co-runner's version
- Can bear body odour, not bad breath: Ranveer Singh
- Tamil actor Vijay's father undergoes surgery after fall