UP: Student stabs teacher inside classroom
Lucknow: Angry over being pulled up for indiscipline, a Class 11 student in Uttar Pradesh stabbed his teacher inside the classroom, police said on Tuesday. The accused is absconding.
The incident took place on Monday in the government-aided Adarsh Inter College in Saharanpur district`s Bargaon town, about 500 km from here. The 16-year-old student stabbed his physics teacher Jagdev Singh with a knife.
"Jagdev Singh, who received multiple injuries on his face, is out of danger," Police Inspector Digambar Singh said.
"Investigations reveal that on noticing that the classroom was in a state of disorder... Jagdev scolded the student for indiscipline and disturbing the seating arrangements in the classroom," Digambar told reporters in Saharanpur.
"In a fit of rage, the teenager later attacked his teacher and ran away," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj