UP: Student stabs teacher inside classroom
Lucknow: Angry over being pulled up for indiscipline, a Class 11 student in Uttar Pradesh stabbed his teacher inside the classroom, police said on Tuesday. The accused is absconding.
The incident took place on Monday in the government-aided Adarsh Inter College in Saharanpur district`s Bargaon town, about 500 km from here. The 16-year-old student stabbed his physics teacher Jagdev Singh with a knife.
"Jagdev Singh, who received multiple injuries on his face, is out of danger," Police Inspector Digambar Singh said.
"Investigations reveal that on noticing that the classroom was in a state of disorder... Jagdev scolded the student for indiscipline and disturbing the seating arrangements in the classroom," Digambar told reporters in Saharanpur.
"In a fit of rage, the teenager later attacked his teacher and ran away," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state