UP: Sub inspector molested girl, suspended
Kanpur: A sub inspector was suspended and later transferred for allegedly molesting a girl in Kakadev area of the district, police said on Tuesday.
The official posted at Ratanlal Nagar police station was suspended after a complaint by girl`s mother, who alleged that he outraged the modesty of her daughter after finding her alone in the house on August 16, DIG Sunil Gupta said.
The accused has been transferred to Lalitpur district, he said, adding that further probe into the matter is on.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative