UP: Sulabh to felicitate over 200 Vrindavan widows
The organisation, which had earlier initiated measures for welfare of the widows of Vrindavan after the Supreme Court expressed shock over their plight, would felicitate around 250 widows.
"Now, we have invited them to come to the national capital to attend a function to felicitate them. We are going to release a book `New Life` compiled especially on them," Sulabh founder Bindeshwar Pathak said.
Sulabh, which has already promised to ensure adequate medical care of the widows, would hand over five equipped ambulances exclusively for them.
The ambulances would be kept on alert round-the-clock in Vrindavan to meet any emergency. Besides, the organisation would also hand over certain medical equipment to them.
Responding to the directives given by the Hon`ble Supreme Court, Sulabh initiated a series of measures for relief and welfare of these widows in Vrindavan to ensure that they lead a dignified life.
"We have started giving Rs 1,000 per month to each widows living in five government run shelters in Vrindavan. Besides that we have already opened a centre to ensure their proper healthcare and last rights," Pathak said.
With his vast experience in the field of low-cost sanitation and social uplift of manual scavengers, the Sulabh founder said his first task would be to motivate the orphans and able bodied widows to undergo vocational training so that they can earn their livelihood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter