UP: Sulabh to felicitate over 200 Vrindavan widows
The organisation, which had earlier initiated measures for welfare of the widows of Vrindavan after the Supreme Court expressed shock over their plight, would felicitate around 250 widows.
"Now, we have invited them to come to the national capital to attend a function to felicitate them. We are going to release a book `New Life` compiled especially on them," Sulabh founder Bindeshwar Pathak said.
Sulabh, which has already promised to ensure adequate medical care of the widows, would hand over five equipped ambulances exclusively for them.
The ambulances would be kept on alert round-the-clock in Vrindavan to meet any emergency. Besides, the organisation would also hand over certain medical equipment to them.
Responding to the directives given by the Hon`ble Supreme Court, Sulabh initiated a series of measures for relief and welfare of these widows in Vrindavan to ensure that they lead a dignified life.
"We have started giving Rs 1,000 per month to each widows living in five government run shelters in Vrindavan. Besides that we have already opened a centre to ensure their proper healthcare and last rights," Pathak said.
With his vast experience in the field of low-cost sanitation and social uplift of manual scavengers, the Sulabh founder said his first task would be to motivate the orphans and able bodied widows to undergo vocational training so that they can earn their livelihood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report