UP: Sulphas recovered from ex CMO Shukla
Lucknow: A packet containing a white substance suspected to be sulphas was recovered from the possession of former Chief Medical Officer of Lucknow A K Shukla during frisking in the jail.
Shukla, who was arrested by the CBI in connection with the murder case of another CMO V K Arya on Sunday night, was remanded in 14-days judicial custody by a court yesterday.
After being handed over by the police, a packet containing white substance weighing around 10 grams was recovered from the socks of doctor Shukla at the district jail last evening, prison sources said.
Prison officers said that prima facie it seemed that the substance was sulphas.
Following the recovery, the former CMO was shifted to a separate barrack under close vigil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India