UP: Sulphas recovered from ex CMO Shukla
Lucknow: A packet containing a white substance suspected to be sulphas was recovered from the possession of former Chief Medical Officer of Lucknow A K Shukla during frisking in the jail.
Shukla, who was arrested by the CBI in connection with the murder case of another CMO V K Arya on Sunday night, was remanded in 14-days judicial custody by a court yesterday.
After being handed over by the police, a packet containing white substance weighing around 10 grams was recovered from the socks of doctor Shukla at the district jail last evening, prison sources said.
Prison officers said that prima facie it seemed that the substance was sulphas.
Following the recovery, the former CMO was shifted to a separate barrack under close vigil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'