UP: Sulphas recovered from ex CMO Shukla
Lucknow: A packet containing a white substance suspected to be sulphas was recovered from the possession of former Chief Medical Officer of Lucknow A K Shukla during frisking in the jail.
Shukla, who was arrested by the CBI in connection with the murder case of another CMO V K Arya on Sunday night, was remanded in 14-days judicial custody by a court yesterday.
After being handed over by the police, a packet containing white substance weighing around 10 grams was recovered from the socks of doctor Shukla at the district jail last evening, prison sources said.
Prison officers said that prima facie it seemed that the substance was sulphas.
Following the recovery, the former CMO was shifted to a separate barrack under close vigil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics