UP: Sulphas recovered from ex CMO Shukla
Lucknow: A packet containing a white substance suspected to be sulphas was recovered from the possession of former Chief Medical Officer of Lucknow A K Shukla during frisking in the jail.
Shukla, who was arrested by the CBI in connection with the murder case of another CMO V K Arya on Sunday night, was remanded in 14-days judicial custody by a court yesterday.
After being handed over by the police, a packet containing white substance weighing around 10 grams was recovered from the socks of doctor Shukla at the district jail last evening, prison sources said.
Prison officers said that prima facie it seemed that the substance was sulphas.
Following the recovery, the former CMO was shifted to a separate barrack under close vigil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram