UP: Sulphas recovered from ex CMO Shukla
Lucknow: A packet containing a white substance suspected to be sulphas was recovered from the possession of former Chief Medical Officer of Lucknow A K Shukla during frisking in the jail.
Shukla, who was arrested by the CBI in connection with the murder case of another CMO V K Arya on Sunday night, was remanded in 14-days judicial custody by a court yesterday.
After being handed over by the police, a packet containing white substance weighing around 10 grams was recovered from the socks of doctor Shukla at the district jail last evening, prison sources said.
Prison officers said that prima facie it seemed that the substance was sulphas.
Following the recovery, the former CMO was shifted to a separate barrack under close vigil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi