UP teen case: Proceedings begin against 11 cops
Lakhimpur: District police have started departmental proceedings against the 11 personnel, who absconded after their suspension in alleged rape and murder case of a 14-year-old girl.
"A deputy superintendent of police has been instructed to carry out probe into the disappearance of the 11 cops, who were directed to report at the reserve police lines," Superintendent of Police Amit Chandra said.
He said appropriate disciplinary action would be taken against them after the probe.
These cops, which included two sub inspectors, one head constable and eight constables were suspended after the girl was found murdered inside Nighasan police station premises on June 10.
Meanwhile, BJP leader Uma Bharti today reached Nighasan and consoled the girl`s family while extending full support to them on behalf of her party in their fight for justice.
Later, she demanded Uttar Pradesh government to order a CBI probe into the girl`s murder, hearing of the case in a fast track court and justice for the family.
"The girl`s kin had lost faith in state investigating agencies and they want a CBI probe into her murder," Bharati said, adding "I demand the state government to order a CBI
probe to restore the faith of her parents." The BJP leader attacked the policemen for a gory crime inside the police station premises and said "even more objectionable was how the police attempted to cover up the entire crime”.
"The policemen should look into their self and weed out those, who tainted the image of entire force with their evil acts," she added.
The 14-year old girl was found hanging inside the police station on June 10.
Initially, the district police described her death as suicide, however, the second postmortem disclosed death to be murder from strangulation.
The government ordered a CB-CID probe into the case while then district SP DK Rai apart from 11 cops posted at Nighasan police station were suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’