UP teen murder: BJP accuses police of foul play
Lucknow: In the backdrop of alleged rape
and murder of a teenaged girl and a custodial death in the state, BJP Thursday said it appeared that the state police has
started "following the footsteps" of BSP leaders and MLAs.
"There has been a direct involvement of police in
these two cases and it seems that they too are following the
footsteps of BSP ministers and MLAs, who do not hesitate in
taking law in their hands," BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak
The body of the 14-year-old girl was found hanging inside the Nighasan police station in the district on Friday, sparking protests from opposition parties which demanded nothing short a CBI probe.
Chief Minister Mayawati yesterday said she would not
object to a CBI inquiry if the victim`s family wanted it.
Pathak said, "The rise in the crime graph clearly
indicated the slackness on the law and order front and also
puts the chief minister Mayawati, who has been claiming
improvement in the situation, in the dock."
Yesterday the state police claimed that investigation
into the death of Savita revealed that her kidney was taken
out and eaten by an exorcist Gaya Prasad.
Prasad who was arrested with the girl`s uncle Anil
Maurya, died in police custody leading to suspension of four policemen including the station officer.
Citing findings of a report by a BJP team which
recently visited Barabanki village where the body of the girl
was recovered on June 11, Pathak claimed police framed the
uncle and another person in the case terming the latter as an
exorcist who was later beaten to death in police custody.
Demanding that the postmortem report of both the girl
and the man be made public, he also demanded a compensation of
Rs ten lakh each to the family of the deceased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31