UP teen murder: BJP accuses police of foul play
Lucknow: In the backdrop of alleged rape
and murder of a teenaged girl and a custodial death in the state, BJP Thursday said it appeared that the state police has
started "following the footsteps" of BSP leaders and MLAs.
"There has been a direct involvement of police in
these two cases and it seems that they too are following the
footsteps of BSP ministers and MLAs, who do not hesitate in
taking law in their hands," BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak
The body of the 14-year-old girl was found hanging inside the Nighasan police station in the district on Friday, sparking protests from opposition parties which demanded nothing short a CBI probe.
Chief Minister Mayawati yesterday said she would not
object to a CBI inquiry if the victim`s family wanted it.
Pathak said, "The rise in the crime graph clearly
indicated the slackness on the law and order front and also
puts the chief minister Mayawati, who has been claiming
improvement in the situation, in the dock."
Yesterday the state police claimed that investigation
into the death of Savita revealed that her kidney was taken
out and eaten by an exorcist Gaya Prasad.
Prasad who was arrested with the girl`s uncle Anil
Maurya, died in police custody leading to suspension of four policemen including the station officer.
Citing findings of a report by a BJP team which
recently visited Barabanki village where the body of the girl
was recovered on June 11, Pathak claimed police framed the
uncle and another person in the case terming the latter as an
exorcist who was later beaten to death in police custody.
Demanding that the postmortem report of both the girl
and the man be made public, he also demanded a compensation of
Rs ten lakh each to the family of the deceased.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'