UP: Teenaged boy killed for ransom by cousin
Deoria: A 13-year-old boy has been kidnapped and killed allegedly by his cousin, who is a second year polytechnic student, for ransom, police said here.
Kartikeya Mall, a class fifth student, went missing on March 17 following which his family members received a call on March 20 demanding a ransom of Rs 10 lakh, Superintendent of Police DK Chaudhary said.
The call was made from the mobile phone of Mukesh Singh, Kartikeya`s cousin, in Maharajganj district, he said.
Singh was arrested yesterday, Chaudhary said, adding that he has allegedly confessed to strangulating the deceased and disposing his body at a secluded place in Daulatpur Banki range of Maharajganj district.
The accused wanted the ransom money to get his marks increased at the institute, located in Allahabad, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America