UP: Teenaged boy killed for ransom by cousin
Deoria: A 13-year-old boy has been kidnapped and killed allegedly by his cousin, who is a second year polytechnic student, for ransom, police said here.
Kartikeya Mall, a class fifth student, went missing on March 17 following which his family members received a call on March 20 demanding a ransom of Rs 10 lakh, Superintendent of Police DK Chaudhary said.
The call was made from the mobile phone of Mukesh Singh, Kartikeya`s cousin, in Maharajganj district, he said.
Singh was arrested yesterday, Chaudhary said, adding that he has allegedly confessed to strangulating the deceased and disposing his body at a secluded place in Daulatpur Banki range of Maharajganj district.
The accused wanted the ransom money to get his marks increased at the institute, located in Allahabad, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS