UP: Teenaged boy killed for ransom by cousin
Deoria: A 13-year-old boy has been kidnapped and killed allegedly by his cousin, who is a second year polytechnic student, for ransom, police said here.
Kartikeya Mall, a class fifth student, went missing on March 17 following which his family members received a call on March 20 demanding a ransom of Rs 10 lakh, Superintendent of Police DK Chaudhary said.
The call was made from the mobile phone of Mukesh Singh, Kartikeya`s cousin, in Maharajganj district, he said.
Singh was arrested yesterday, Chaudhary said, adding that he has allegedly confessed to strangulating the deceased and disposing his body at a secluded place in Daulatpur Banki range of Maharajganj district.
The accused wanted the ransom money to get his marks increased at the institute, located in Allahabad, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- iPhone 7 to be launched on September 16: Report
- Virat Kohli: The making of India's greatest Test captain
- Pacer Neil Wagner bags six wickets as New Zealand restrict Zimbabwe to 164 on Day 1
- Price rise: FM Jaitley counters Rahul Gandhi, says bluster no match to statistics
- Indian men's hockey team go down 1-4 to Spain in Rio Olympics preparation match