UP: Teenaged boy killed for ransom by cousin
Deoria: A 13-year-old boy has been kidnapped and killed allegedly by his cousin, who is a second year polytechnic student, for ransom, police said here.
Kartikeya Mall, a class fifth student, went missing on March 17 following which his family members received a call on March 20 demanding a ransom of Rs 10 lakh, Superintendent of Police DK Chaudhary said.
The call was made from the mobile phone of Mukesh Singh, Kartikeya`s cousin, in Maharajganj district, he said.
Singh was arrested yesterday, Chaudhary said, adding that he has allegedly confessed to strangulating the deceased and disposing his body at a secluded place in Daulatpur Banki range of Maharajganj district.
The accused wanted the ransom money to get his marks increased at the institute, located in Allahabad, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders