UP: Teenaged boy killed for ransom by cousin
Deoria: A 13-year-old boy has been kidnapped and killed allegedly by his cousin, who is a second year polytechnic student, for ransom, police said here.
Kartikeya Mall, a class fifth student, went missing on March 17 following which his family members received a call on March 20 demanding a ransom of Rs 10 lakh, Superintendent of Police DK Chaudhary said.
The call was made from the mobile phone of Mukesh Singh, Kartikeya`s cousin, in Maharajganj district, he said.
Singh was arrested yesterday, Chaudhary said, adding that he has allegedly confessed to strangulating the deceased and disposing his body at a secluded place in Daulatpur Banki range of Maharajganj district.
The accused wanted the ransom money to get his marks increased at the institute, located in Allahabad, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH