UP: Teenaged girl raped, set afire
Barabanki: A teenaged girl was allegedly raped and set afire by a youth in Basantpur Parta village in Tikaitnagar area here, police said Thursday.
The incident took place last evening when the girl (16) was alone in her house and one Sonu Tiwari, who had come to the village to visit his relative, raped her and later sprinkled kerosene oil and set her afire, they said.
The girl was rushed to the hospital, where with 50 per cent burn injuries her condition was stated to be critical.
The police are trying to nab the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win