UP: Teenaged girl raped, set afire
Barabanki: A teenaged girl was allegedly raped and set afire by a youth in Basantpur Parta village in Tikaitnagar area here, police said Thursday.
The incident took place last evening when the girl (16) was alone in her house and one Sonu Tiwari, who had come to the village to visit his relative, raped her and later sprinkled kerosene oil and set her afire, they said.
The girl was rushed to the hospital, where with 50 per cent burn injuries her condition was stated to be critical.
The police are trying to nab the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog