UP: Teenaged girl raped, set afire
Barabanki: A teenaged girl was allegedly raped and set afire by a youth in Basantpur Parta village in Tikaitnagar area here, police said Thursday.
The incident took place last evening when the girl (16) was alone in her house and one Sonu Tiwari, who had come to the village to visit his relative, raped her and later sprinkled kerosene oil and set her afire, they said.
The girl was rushed to the hospital, where with 50 per cent burn injuries her condition was stated to be critical.
The police are trying to nab the accused.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- World record: 23-year-old Tobago batsman Iraq Thomas slams T20 century off 21 balls
- Donald Trump hints at taking India's help in dealing with `unstable` Pakistan
- Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo remains doubtful for 2nd leg against Manchester City
- Happy that gymnastics is finally getting attention in India: Dipa Karmakar
- Oh-so-cute! Shah Rukh Khan spends candid time with Yusuf Pathan's son – Pic inside