UP: Temple priest killed, devotee injured in attack
Mirzapur: A temple priest was Monday
killed and a devotee seriously injured when unidentified assailants attacked them with iron rods in Chunar police circle here, police said.
Kamla Shankar Pandey (45), priest of Shiv Shankar
temple, was attacked by some persons this morning. Pandey died
on the spot, while a devotee, who tried to save Pandey,
received serious injuries in the attack, they said.
Old rivalry is said to be the reason behind the
murder, police said, adding that a manhunt has been launched
to nab the assailants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why