UP: Temple priest killed, devotee injured in attack
Mirzapur: A temple priest was Monday
killed and a devotee seriously injured when unidentified assailants attacked them with iron rods in Chunar police circle here, police said.
Kamla Shankar Pandey (45), priest of Shiv Shankar
temple, was attacked by some persons this morning. Pandey died
on the spot, while a devotee, who tried to save Pandey,
received serious injuries in the attack, they said.
Old rivalry is said to be the reason behind the
murder, police said, adding that a manhunt has been launched
to nab the assailants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket