UP tensions: Schools to remain shut in Meerut tomorrow
Meerut: All primary schools and degree colleges in Meerut are to remain shut tomorrow after district officials today issued orders to that effect in view of tensions in the neighbouring Muzaffarnagar district.
According to District Magistrate Navdeep Rinwa, the orders for closure of the academic institutions were just a precautionary measure and the situation remains peaceful in Meerut.
Rinwa said he today surveyed the sensitive localities of Meerut city along with SSP Dipak Kumar with police also having held a flag march.
A function by state government to distribute free laptops in the city on Sept. 9 now stands cancelled, Rinwa added. Meanwhile, in view of the situation in Muzaffarnagar, Rinwa said that all state government employees had been advised to remain on duty and not take leave.
Any leaves stand cancelled at the moment, Rinwa said. He added that all government employees had been urged to keep their mobile phones switched on at all times to enable them to be easily contacted.
- MUST WATCH: BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu's amazing speech on religion in Muslim conference
- SRH vs RCB, IPL 2016: Why David Warner was unhappy with Tabraiz Shamsi’s 'Bus Driver' celebration!
- This Indian business tycoon and wife under high-risk security category!
- Salman Khan impressed with THIS young fan—See pic inside!
- Kejriwal govt vs Centre: Delhi High Court seeks response from Modi governnment