UP tensions: Schools to remain shut in Meerut tomorrow
Meerut: All primary schools and degree colleges in Meerut are to remain shut tomorrow after district officials today issued orders to that effect in view of tensions in the neighbouring Muzaffarnagar district.
According to District Magistrate Navdeep Rinwa, the orders for closure of the academic institutions were just a precautionary measure and the situation remains peaceful in Meerut.
Rinwa said he today surveyed the sensitive localities of Meerut city along with SSP Dipak Kumar with police also having held a flag march.
A function by state government to distribute free laptops in the city on Sept. 9 now stands cancelled, Rinwa added. Meanwhile, in view of the situation in Muzaffarnagar, Rinwa said that all state government employees had been advised to remain on duty and not take leave.
Any leaves stand cancelled at the moment, Rinwa said. He added that all government employees had been urged to keep their mobile phones switched on at all times to enable them to be easily contacted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter