UP: Three farmers killed in road mishap
Kanpur: Three farmers were killed and four others critically injured in a road mishap in Kanpur Dehat here, the police said Wednesday.
The mishap occurred yesterday when some farmers were going to Chakarpur Mandi to sell their agricultural produce. A truck ahead of the matador in which the victims were travelling suddenly applied breaks and collided with the front of the vehicle, they said.
All the injured were rushed to the nearby hospital immediately, where Chintu (20 yrs), Ravindra (51 yrs) and Hakim Singh (60 yrs) were declared dead. The situation of others injured Kewal Singh, Sachin, Sunil and Rajesh is said to be critical, police said.
"The truck driver fled from the scene along with his vehicle. The bodies have been sent for post-mortem and further investigations are on in this case," they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!