UP: Three farmers killed in road mishap
Kanpur: Three farmers were killed and four others critically injured in a road mishap in Kanpur Dehat here, the police said Wednesday.
The mishap occurred yesterday when some farmers were going to Chakarpur Mandi to sell their agricultural produce. A truck ahead of the matador in which the victims were travelling suddenly applied breaks and collided with the front of the vehicle, they said.
All the injured were rushed to the nearby hospital immediately, where Chintu (20 yrs), Ravindra (51 yrs) and Hakim Singh (60 yrs) were declared dead. The situation of others injured Kewal Singh, Sachin, Sunil and Rajesh is said to be critical, police said.
"The truck driver fled from the scene along with his vehicle. The bodies have been sent for post-mortem and further investigations are on in this case," they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees