UP: Three farmers killed in road mishap
Kanpur: Three farmers were killed and four others critically injured in a road mishap in Kanpur Dehat here, the police said Wednesday.
The mishap occurred yesterday when some farmers were going to Chakarpur Mandi to sell their agricultural produce. A truck ahead of the matador in which the victims were travelling suddenly applied breaks and collided with the front of the vehicle, they said.
All the injured were rushed to the nearby hospital immediately, where Chintu (20 yrs), Ravindra (51 yrs) and Hakim Singh (60 yrs) were declared dead. The situation of others injured Kewal Singh, Sachin, Sunil and Rajesh is said to be critical, police said.
"The truck driver fled from the scene along with his vehicle. The bodies have been sent for post-mortem and further investigations are on in this case," they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Barack Obama banishes Vietnam war era with lifting of arms ban
- India braces for more heat after temperature breaks records; over 300 dead in Telangana
- Manipur HSLC Result 2016, BSEM HSLC Class 10th Results 2016, Manipur Board HSLC (10th Class) Results 2016 to be declared on May 24
- Sensex falls for 4th day on Fed rate hike caution
- Divyanka Tripathi, Vivek Dahiya to marry on July 8