UP: Three women killed in dishonour killings
Muzaffarnagar: Three women have been
killed and a man seriously injured in two separate cases of
suspected dishonour killing within the last 48 hours in Uttar
19-year-old Tahira, who had eloped with her lover, was
stoned to death by her family members and her beau Hamza, 22
seriously injured, police said here on Sunday.
Police have registered a case against the girl`s
relatives and arrested her uncle Shamim in this connection.
Meanwhile, two sisters Nagma (22) and Nazia (19) were
gunned down by their brother Nadeem (16) at Kanhera village
in Badgaon area in Saharanpur district yesterday, police said
adding they suspected the case to be one of honour killing.
The girl wanted to marry her lover despite opposition
from family members, they said.
The girl`s sister was also shot dead when she tried to
save her elder sibling.
Police have registered a case against accused Nadeem
in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi