UP: Tiwari, Yadav take oath as protem Speakers
Lucknow: Senior Congress MLA Pramod Tiwari and SP legislator Mitrasen Yadav were on Sunday administered oath as protem speakers of the Uttar Pradesh Assembly.
Tiwari and Yadav were administered oath by Governor B L
Joshi at a function organised at Gandhi hall of Raj Bhawan
The two protem speakers would administer oath to the
newly elected MLAs.
Pramod has been elected from Rampur Khas seat in
Pratapgarh district for the 10th consecutive term, whereas
Yadav is MLA from Bikapur seat in Faizabad district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway